Table of Page Contents
Fill Online VITEEE 2016 Entrance Exam/ Admission Application Form. Download VIT 2016 Entrance Examination (B.Tech CSE/ME/ EC/ EE/ IT/ Civil) – Syllabus/ Latest Pattern.pdf.
VITEEE 2016 is the VIT University engineering entrance exam is conducted for giving admission for those students seeking to take admission in Engineering programmes in Vellore Institute of Technology. It is a computer based exam and is conducted yearly to give admissions to the eligible candidates in Vellore Institute of Technology for its Vellore & Chennai Campus. The candidates who have passed class 12 examination or at present are studying in class 12 (student appearing in class 12 examination of 2016) are eligible to appear in exam VITEEE 2016.The candidates those are interested to participate in that exam have to apply online from the official website of Vellore Institute of Technology.
VIT University is also known as Vellore Engineering College. It is an Indian institute of higher education and a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act founded in 1984, as Vellore Engineering College, by Mr. G. Viswanathan.The VIT offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduates, 4 integrated and 4 research programs. The students from 50 countries as well as from every state in India are the members of this University.Last year about 2 Lakh students appeared for VITEEE for 5000 engineering seats for its 15 Engineering B.Tech Programs. VIT has also entered in Limca Book of records for the fourth years for the highest number of placements in a single slot. It has two campuses at Vellore and Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. VIT University has consistently been ranked among the top ten engineering institutions in India according to India Today and first rank in Careers 360 (Magazine).
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2016
- Age: The applicant must born after July 1994.
- Citizenship: The applicant should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National. Foreign candidates cannot apply for VITEEE 2016
- The applicant must have passed class 12 examination or equivalent are eligible for VITEEE.
- The candidates those are appearing in 2016 for class 12 examination are also eligible.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear in the VITEEE.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education are only eligible to apply.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- Candidate must have secured minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Maths/ Biology ( 50 % for SC/ST/OBC candidates and students from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM)are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics).
Mode of submission of application form:
- VITEEE 2016 application will arrive soon.
- In the year 2015 registration began on December 1, 2014.
- After registration candidate have to go for Slot Booking for VITEEE Exam by visiting official website of VIT.
- Online Booking of the Slot for VITEEE will be in March 2016.