Table of Page Contents
Odisha OPSC Civil Services Written Examination 2015 Syllabus and Exam Pattern is available here. The Selection Process for Odisha PSC OAS Exam 2015 Preliminary/ Main Written Exam.
Scheme and subjects for the Examination
The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has issued Civil Services Recruitment notification. The online application form can be filled from 10th July 2015. We are providing complete syllabus of Paper-I/ II (General Studies).
The Preliminary Examination shall consist of two papers of objective type(Multiple choice questions) and each paper shall be of two hours duration.
- Paper – I General Studies: 200 Marks
- Paper – II General Studies: 200 Marks
The Competitive Examination shall comprise as follows, namely
- Preliminary Examination,
- Main Examination,
- Personality Test or Interview.
Candidates who will qualify in the Preliminary Examination, shall be called by the Commission, to appear in the Main Examination. The qualifying marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be such as may be fixed by the Commission. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be counted for ranking. The Main Examination shall comprise – Language, English, English Essay, General Studies-I & II papers, two optional subjects having two papers each as prescribed in Scheduled.
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion shall be called for personality test. The personality test or interview shall carry 250 Marks and no minimum qualifying marks for personality test or interview shall be fixed.
SYLLABUS of OPSC CIVIL SERVICES 2015.
- Current events of National and International importance; History of India and Indian National Movement;
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World;
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization, and General Science.
Total marks thus obtained by the candidates in the written examination and personality test or interview would determine their ranking. Candidates shall be allotted to the various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences indicated by them for various services.
- Interpersonal Skills including communication skills;
- Logical Reasoning and Analytic ability;
- Decision Making and Problem Solving;
- General Mental Ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude) (Class-X level). Data Interpretation (Charts, Graphs, Tables, Data Sufficiency,etc. Class-X level); and
- English Language Comprehension Skills (Class-X level).